Bear Flag Insurance
Available malpractice carriers
ACE INSURANCE USA
PROASSURANCE SPECIALTY INSURANCE COMPANY
ADMIRAL INSURANCE QUOTES
DOCTOR’S COMPANY MALPRACTICE INSURANCE
MEDICUS MALPRACTICE INSURANCE
ISMIE MALPRACTICE INSURANCE
The above list includes carriers with very competitive pricing. The following section outlines how Malpractice Insurance premiums are calculated.
Each of the above insurance carriers will weight differently any of the following bullet point premium factors. Over time, each carrier will change their weighting. Consequently, the carrier that offered the lowest premium one year may not be the carrier offering the lowest premium the following year.
By shopping through Bear Flag Insurance, you shop all of the above carriers at the same time. We offer annual shopping. To request quotes, click here.
Request assistance or email your completed form to Gary@SmithBrokerage.com
How are Malpractice Insurance Premiums Developed?
Each insurance company will file a rate based on the following criteria:
- Your specialty
- The County in which you practice
- The limits of liability being provided
- The inclusion of mid-level providers sharing in the limit of liability
This premium can then further adjusted based on:
- The practitioner’s claims experience
- Any procedures you perform outside the scope of your practice.
- Discounts available based on your membership in associations that have partnered with
- The average number of hours per week you practice. Most insurers will provide a
discount for part time practitioners (general considered under 20 hours per week).